Ohio State Hemp Flower Laws and CBD Legality
Me oh, My oh, how we love Ohio. And based on the amount of CBD buds we ship to Ohio, we can say it is one hemp flower loving state. Let’s take a deep dive into the specifics of Ohio hemp laws and how they pertain to its citizens. Whether you reside in the lovely state of Ohio, or are merely visiting, this should clear up all your Ohio hemp legality concerns.
In addition to the federal hemp flower laws laid out in the 2018 Farm Bill, each state has its own state specific hemp laws. Before we dive in on Ohio Hemp Laws and the legality of CBD in Ohio, it is vital to understand the many types of hemp and CBD products that these laws may be applied to.
There are many terms for hemp oil:
- Isolate or THC-Free Hemp Oil has only CBD and all other plant compounds have been removed, THC is undetectable. Pure CBD Isolate can also be purchased in powder form.
- Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil has all plant compounds, including less than 0.3% THC. That would be the case for our Full Spectrum MCT CBD Oil.
- Broad-Spectrum Hemp Oil has undetectable THC, but contains other plant compounds.
- PCR (Phytocannabinoid-Rich) Hemp Oil with Zero-THC is a new marketing term for broad-spectrum hemp oil.
- CBG Hemp Oil is a hemp oil from a cannabigerol (CBG) rich hemp strain that has more CBG than is found in CBD Hemp Oil.
- CBD Hemp Flower is the dried and harvested flower of the hemp plant. It can be used whole or extracted to make CBD isolate, Full-Spectrum CBD, or Broad-Spectrum CBD (PCR Hemp Oil).
FAQ: Hemp and CBD Legality in Ohio
When it comes to buying CBD products, CBD hemp flower, and hemp flower joints here are some frequently asked questions that come up:
Is Full Spectrum CBD Legal in Ohio?
Absolutely, yes you can purchase full spectrum CBD oil in Ohio or online.
Ohio does not appear to have any specific restrictions on CBD products. So long as they meet requirements for testing and labeling they can be manufactured and sold in Ohio legally under Ohio hemp laws.
Is It Legal to Ship CBD Hemp flower to Ohio?
It is legal to ship ALL types of hemp products with less than 0.3% THC to all US States according to the 2018 Farm Bill.
Where to Buy Full Spectrum CBD Oil in Ohio?
In Ohio, you can buy CBD from a store or purchase it online.
Do you need a special license to purchase MCT Hemp Oil in Ohio?
You don’t need a special license to purchase CBD hemp oil (all types) in Ohio, only to grow, test, or sell products.
How Does Ohio Legally Define Hemp flowers?
“Hemp” means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of that plant, including the seeds thereof and all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids, isomers, acids, salts, and salts of isomers, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than three-tenths per cent on a dry weight basis.
Ohio Senate Bill 57
What should I do if I cannot find CBG flower near me?
The best and easiest way to source organic CBG flower is online from a reputable vendor.
Where can I find CBD pre rolls near me in Ohio?
Growing and Selling Hemp in Ohio
Ohio hemp laws are explained in Senate Bill 57, along with ORC 928 and OAC 901. Hemp farming, processing, and CBD product sales and manufacturing are all legal in Ohio. Ohio Hemp laws are very detailed. They classify different types of hemp crops depending on their use and also have some hemp strains which are prohibited (sharing a list with Michigan).
Retail Hemp and CBD products must comply with Ohio hemp laws:
- Products must contain no more than 0.3% THC
- Products must come from a registered farm
- Products must be tested by a licensed laboratory
- The THC must be reported as “total THC” as described below:
“Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol” means the sum of the percentage by weight of tetrahydrocannabinolic acid multiplied by 0.877 plus the percentage by weight of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol.
Ohio Senate Bill 57
Ohio state hemp laws allow for CBD products such as:
- Hemp topicals
- Hemp concentrates and extracts (oils and tinctures)
- Industrial hemp for building or fiber materials
- Industrial hempseed (food product)
- Industrial hempseed oil (food product)
The bottom line here is that hemp is legal nationally and Ohio has few specific laws regulating CBD products and hemp flower sales or production. CBD products are readily available at brick and mortar shops as well as at online CBD stores. You should not get stuck without your daily fix of CBD goodness when residing or visiting Ohio. CBD benefits anxiety, so if you’re in Ohio and feeling a bit anxious, try some CBD!